May 2 is the 6th anniversary of Let’s Not Get Carried Away. This is the 1,520th post. I’m pretty sure I posted consistently Monday through Friday but it’s been over two months since I last posted. Like all bands, there comes a time when you need to go on hiatus. It might be temporary, it might be permanent. Until these services also go on hiatus you can always find me on Twitter or Instagram… When bands go on hiatus the record label is always quick to release a greatest hits album. Here are ten of my favorite posts.
- OBL-My first official post
- 2 For 2uesday-The power of the Cheap Trick social media army led to February 16, 2016 being my most viewed day
- New Music Tuesday-The most searched name on my website was Bob Ezrin….not sure why Google thought this was a good place but this is where they landed.
- Rock Star Tattoos: My most viewed post
- History Of The Eagles: People still are fascinated with why they originally broke up
6. RUSH Fans: I tweeted out how amazing Rush fans are. The RUSH twitter account retweeted my tweet and RUSH fans prove how devoted they are in anything mentioning their beloved power trio.
7. Happy Birthday Paul McCartney: 70 fun facts about Sir Paul
8. Keith Richards is 70: I learned my lesson to keep it brief so Keith Richards gets only 10 fun facts.
9. Joel Oberstein: I wrote many homages to artists and music executives that passed away. This one was the most painful to write.
10. Listen Up, Youngsters!: I couldn’t let a greatest hits package not included Bruce Springsteen. In 2012, he was the SXSW keynote speaker and of course did not disappoint.
This is definitely not the end, so Let’s Not Get Carried Away. Here’s comes the encore.